Tutor Presencial: Ms. João Bosco da Silva
Celso Rodrigo Branicio
UnB - University of Brasilia
Open University of Brazil
Degree in Physical Education
Distance Learning: Luiz Cuozzo
Tutor: Ms. João Bosco da Silva
Teacher: Ms. Ivanor Ranzi
So that we can better understand the current social problems such as violence in schools, drug trafficking, etc., we need to know its historical dimension and also the social dimension of the current moment.
Sociology is a science that studies social life and fundamentally the youth universe, such as youth work and violence, environmental awareness, the media and social movements. I would say that above all it can contribute to the formation of citizenship and be very useful in interdisciplinary projects, and especially of a broader Physical Education that goes beyond sports practice and motor development.
Some other reasons we may mention are:
- Through Sociology we can study the relationships between people living in a community or a social group (a school and its community, for example), or between different social groups within the same society.
- Sociology serves to better understand the relationship between man and society, where we create a way, a style to interpret the actions of citizens and thus we can know ourselves. If we take into account the legacy that Karl Marx left us, we can say that it is important to study Sociology because it is through it that we can break our illusions and ingenuity and move towards a true democratic revolution of liberation.
- We can, through sociology, discover how the men of the past and their culture and customs (anthropology) studied there also the part of Physical Education and the old habits of physical activities, dances, etc., with that we can improve our conviviality with the Other people.
- Because she studies the society in which we live and our behaviors and we can through it improve our school, our community and even society as a whole.
- Because this discipline shows us in a scientific and profound way the way society works taking into account social relations such as: cooperation, conflict, competitiveness, etc. In an analogy whenever we buy a new electronic device we need a manual to know how to handle it, Sociology serves as a kind of manual so we can understand our society as it is today.
What is the importance of this topic for the Physical Education course?
Nowadays schools go through major problems mainly with violence in schools, drug trafficking among others, and Sociology for scientifically studying these cases serves exactly so that the Professor and the School can use it through projects. All this aims to solve these problems, not to mention that the main focus of Sociology today has been how the youth universe was said, such as youth work and violence, environmental awareness, the media and social movements.
I would say that above all it can contribute to the formation of citizenship and thus serves very well the objectives of a modern Physical Education concerned with the complete development of the student and not only in its psychomotor development, but with its social formation and the principles of citizenship.
It also greatly facilitates work in interdisciplinary projects, which is of fundamental importance today in order to reach these goals and make of Physical Education a really important discipline for the formation of students and for society as a whole to involve the whole community.
The Professor of Physical Education can, for example, make the student aware of the importance of Sociology in his Physical Education training as well as in sports, preparing him technically and scientifically. In this way, it will be able to elaborate programs of work in which the social and citizenship foundations of the Physical Education and the sport are always present.
We can cite Betti (2001), which ends by emphasizing the importance of the Human Sciences, especially Sociology and Semiotics for Physical Education professionals who are concerned with a sociocultural approach based on philosophical, scientific, pedagogical and sociological knowledge.
Therefore, an interdisciplinary study that aims to be critical, creative, reflective, contextual and transformative through the intervention and production of knowledge, since certain questions do not end, is constantly renewed.
I realize that she can contribute to my personal and professional formation?
Yes, because I can better understand how current society works, as well as the origins of the problems that afflict us the most, as well as being able to see how students and the general population act and why they do so.
As Sociology studies much of the world of youth and most of the violence and more serious problems, especially in the school world, it is in this age group that it gives us many subsidies as a social science so that we can understand and overcome these problems and others.
It also helps us to turn our future students into critical citizens.
Fundamentally the most important in using Sociology is in what concerns the formation of the young person with the denaturalization of the conceptions or explanations of the social phenomena.
In denaturalizing conceptions, we have to understand social problems without forgetting their historicity and remembering that students were not always like this.
We must take into consideration that these historical changes or discontinuities are the fruits of decisions that involve many interests and are produced for objective and human reasons, often involving politics.
When we try to deal with these social problems we have to focus on social relations through sociology without being involved. Finally, we have to distance ourselves from everything that surrounds us and from which we participate as the school in which we work, for example, so that we can have a broad and real vision and can thus better work the problem.
Sociology helps us a lot in the interdisciplinary work in projects with which we can complement our future classes of Physical Education.
We can thus give our students a complete formation and not only focusing on physical and motor development, but also psychological, social and citizenship, as well as helping with projects the community in which these students are inserted, thus improving their quality of life and society as a whole.
Celso Rodrigo Branicio
Tags: sociologia, educação, educação física, unb, social, projeto, sociedade, cidadania, psicologia, betti, esporte, luiz cuozzo,tutor presencial, ms. joão bosco da silva, ms. ivanor ranzi, celso rodrigo branicio, barretos, uab, uab polo barretos, política, sociocultural, psico-motor,universidade aberta do brasil,licenciatura em educação física, universidade de brasília, #sociologia, #educação, #educacaofisica, #unb, #social, #projeto, #sociedade, #cidadania, #psicologia, #betti, #esporte, #barretos.